Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Inigo Montoya

Hard in chase, Inigo rounds a corner and is hit by surprise...

Inigo: (slumping against the wall, the knife thrown by Rugen deep in his belly) Forgive me father... I tried ... I tried.

Rugen: You must be that little Spanish brat I taught a lesson to all those years ago.

With great effort, Inigo pulls the knife from his stomach and tries to stand.

Rugen: Good heavens. Are you still trying to win? You have an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble one day.

Rugen attacks, thrusting twice for the heart , but missing each time, the thrusts deflected by what strength Inigo has to block with his sword, the deflected thrusts going into each of his arms, which he doesn't seem to notice.

Inigo: (back to his feet now) Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Rugen attacks again. But his swordplay is deflected.

Inigo: (a little louder now) Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Rugen backs away, then thrusts again. Misses.

Inigo: (a little louder still) Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Rugen: Stop saying that!

Inigo: HELLO! MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA. YOU KILLED MY FATHER.
PREPARE TO DIE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is the author of this piece

Anonymous said...

who is the author of this piece

Anonymous said...

Rob Reiner? It's from The Princess Bride.